- Living in a state that, by law, forbids big box stores to open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Having two arms, two legs, decent eyesight and hearing: so many people around the world don’t.
- Having all my hair (still the same color as it was decades ago).
- Sunny weather on this Thanksgiving Day.
- Being able to eat a tasty meal today without having to cook—or clean up.
- The luxury of solitude.
- Having 35+ episodes of Doctor Who downloaded on my laptop, all in Hi-Def video.
- The privilege of living in a deep-blue state.
- The satisfaction of knowing my daughter is happy and doing well at university.
- A full tank of high-octane gas.
- The vast expanse of the Atlantic Ocean less than 600 yards away.
- Sufficient good bourbon.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
My Thanksgiving List
Things for which I’m thankful at the moment, in no particular order: